Sep 24, 2026

Ty Segall @ O2 Forum, London

If I had a current day musical hero it would definitely be Californian rocker Ty Segall. Over the last decade or so I have been fortunate to see him several times. In fact I saw him earlier this year in Brisbane. So I wasn't going to let slip the chance to see him yet again on our last night in London. This would be the ninth time I have seen Ty and I will never tire of seeing him live. So on a rainy Tuesday night in London I made my way to Kentish Town to see Ty at the O2 Forum. And what a show it was, he never disappoints. When I saw him earlier this year he played three new songs. Later I would discover that those songs would be on his new album released in August, namely 'Chrome'. They ripped back in February and they sounded even better in September, having had the chance to listen to the new album a few times before the show. He actually played all nine songs from the album, so it was a great experience to hear all of them live. 'Black Paint' absolutely shredded, but it was probably the title track that impressed me most. Of course it was exciting to hear what he would play from his back catalogue and naturally it was all great. Especially the incredible 'Feel' to open the night and the serene 'My Lady's On Fire' to close a superb night. Ty Segall and his esteemed band were on fire again and I truly believe are a must see whenever they are in your town. 

Set List
Feel 
Hospital
Candy Sam
Finger
Possession
Black Paint
Running to Nowhere
Let Go
Glass
My Best Friend
Everything You've Been
Chrome
Play Cowboys
Girlfriend
Imaginary Person
Separation
She

Oh Mary
My Lady's On Fire

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home