Apr 3, 2024

Current Joys @ Factory Theatre

Last night in Sydney marked the first ever Australian show for Current Joys. It was the first stop on a brief three city run around Australia. If Sydney was any indication then fans in Melbourne and Brisbane are definitely in for a treat. The band played for close to a hundred minutes, with energy and verve to a sold out Factory Theatre. I actually only came to Current Joys in 2021 when they released their excellent album in 'Voyager'. It was easily one of my favourite albums of that year. Last year they returned with 'LOVE + POP', which expanded even further on their sound. It was bolder and brassier, but still very good. For this show they actually only drew a little on those two albums. 'American Honey' and 'Amateur' were played from 'Voyager'. Quietly I wished there was more. Bu the band drew on lots of songs from their entire catalogue. And here was the thing that surprised me. This was an All-Ages gig and the crowd was very young. I could easily say I was the oldest one there. And they were massively into their older songs. I later found out that the band have created a following to some songs being exposed on Tik-Tok, so those songs were greeted with screaming and great rapture. Especially 'Blondie', which everyone seemed to know the words to. Phones were in the air and it was quite a scene. So it was certainly a night with a difference. An exciting and at times thrilling one.

Set List
My Shadow Life
LOVE + POP
Pain
Ramblings of a Dying Adolescence
Cigarettes
bb put on deftones
American Honey
Amateur
Fear
Blondie
You Broke My Heart
My Motorcycle
I feel truth inside of u 
Desire
Weird Science (Don't Leave My Arms)
Televisions
    
Become the Warm Jets
A Different Age
Kids
New Flesh
Ghosts

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home