Mar 27, 2023

The Smith Street Band @ Metro Theatre

I don't know if there is a finer band in Australia than The Smith Street Band. And live I believe there is certainly no doubt. Bucketloads of passion is delivered to an adoring audience. Each of their shows are just huge chambers of love and passion. I missed their last tour which got postponed several times due to the pandemic. But I wasn't going to miss Saturday night at the Metro Theatre. Especially on the back of their excellent 2022 album in 'Life After Football'. Obviously they played a fair bit off that record. But they also gave us a very good slice of their now extensive catalogue. Happily old and new songs were greeted with equal glee. Frontman Wil Wagner leads the band ably. His voice booms across a crowded room. There was much singing and dancing, especially for songs like 'Birthdays', 'Ducks Fly Together' and 'Young Drunk'. As always an absolute pleasure to see this wonderful band again.  

Set List
I Don't Wanna Do Nothing Forever
Birthdays
When I Change My Name
I Still Dream About You
Big Smoke
I Can't Feel My Face
The Arrogance of the Drunk Pedestrian
Song For You
Don't Fuck With Our Dreams
Ducks Fly Together
Shine
Surrender
Chips & Gravy
A Conversation With Your Old School Friends About Negative Gearing
Elvis
Young Drunk

Hand in My Pocket (Alanis Morisette cover)
Passiona
Death to the Lads

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home