Jan 14, 2023

Best Live Shows of 2022

2022 was a return to normal of sorts. And what a relief. Not only did international artists return to our shores but I even managed to travel overseas to see live music. So I felt very happy indeed. My favourite show of 2022 was a band I had waited a long time to see. Big Thief. I missed them the two previous times that they toured Australia and their 2020 tour was postponed because of the pandemic. So to finally see them at the Enmore Theatre was a special experience indeed. Another postponed 2020 tour was The Hold Steady. So I was delighted to see them in Melbourne back in May. I went to the US in September where I was very lucky to see the iconic Pavement in LA, as well as Porridge Radio and The National. I also got to a couple of Splendour sideshows plus a slew of shows late in the year that eventualy made live music in 2022 very enjoyable indeed.

1. Big Thief @ Enmore Theatre
2. Nick Cave & Warren Ellis @ Sydney Opera House
3. Porridge Radio @ Lodge Room, LA
4. Pavement @ Orpheum Theater, LA
5. Kendrick Lamar @ Qudos Bank Arena
6. Sharon Van Etten @ Sydney Opera House
7. The National @ Surly Brewing Field, Minneapolis
8. Lucy Dacus @ The Forum, Melbourne
9. The Hold Steady @ Croxton Bandroom, Melbourne
10. Parquet Courts @ Metro Theatre

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home