Sep 28, 2022

Porridge Radio @ Lodge Room, Los Angeles

Recently I had the good fortune to be in the US for a couple of weeks. It was my first time overseas in 3 years so I wanted to pack in as much as possible. On my schedule were 3 concerts, the first of which was hugely talented UK band Porridge Radio. I loved their first album and their second album released this year (Waterslide, Diving Board, Ladder to the Sky) is one of my favourites of 2022. So you could say I was very excited to see them. They did not let me down.

The venue was in the very cool area of Highland Park. The Lodge Room is in an historic building and room was just the right size to see a band. The show was just so much fun. Energy, passion and joy excuded from the band. Lead singer Dana Margolin is very energetic on stage with a great energy. They ripped through the set in just over an hour, with most songs coming from their second album. It was all great to be honest, topped off by a cover of a classic Wolf Parade song. I really hope this excellent band find their way to Australia very soon.

Set List
7 Seconds
Give/Take
End of Last Year
Circling
Trying
Good For You
Splintered
Birthday Party
Jealousy
U Can Be Happy If U Want To
The Rip
Long
Sweet 
Back to The Radio

Waterslide, Diving Board, Ladder to the Sky
You Are a Runner and I Am My Father's Son (Wolf Parade cover)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home