Jan 12, 2020

Best Live Shows Of 2019

I was fortunate enough in 2019 to see a lot of great live music but the absolute highlight for me was seeing the master himself Ty Segall in Los Angeles. I was in the USA for a two week holiday in September and I was lucky to see Kevin Morby in Nashville, Whitney in New Orelans and the epic Titus Andronicus in Portland but seeing Ty topped them all. He was doing a residency at the Teragram Ballroom over a two month period playing his new album in full plus 4 different albums in full. What a night it was. 'First Taste' lit the place on fire and then it was followed by his 2014 classic in 'Manipulator'. Two hours of sheer classic ebullient rock and roll. What a night it was.

I attended the Laneway Festival in 2019 with the mercurious Mitski being the highlight. I was also lucky enough to see her show at the Oxford Art Factory, a true highlight. I also Lucy Dacus at the same venue which was also wonderful and just missed out on my top ten for the year. Local Natives at the same venue was another great show. Vivid was the other major festival for me in 2019. Dirty Three performing their debut album in full was truly magnificent and the Sharon Van Etten show in the Joan Sutherland Theatre was one I will long remember.

1. Ty Segall @ Teragram Ballroom
2. Titus Andronicus @ Polaris Hall
3. Mitski @ Oxford Art Factory
4. Dirty Three @ Sydney Opera House
5. Beach House @ Enmore Theatre
6. The Flaming Lips @ Sydney Opera House
7. Oh Sees @ The Factory
8. Sharon Van Etten @ Sydney Opera House
9. Kevin Morby @ Third Man Records
10. Jeff Tweedy @ Metro Theatre

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home