Oct 16, 2019

Whitney @ Tipitina's, New Orleans

My journey through the US in September took me onto New Orleans. Luckily for me Whitney had announced a show in the Crescent City. The Chicago band released their second album shortly before the show and it's pretty wonderful to be honest. A great follow up to their stellar debut album. So this was set to be a special night.

An added bonus to the night was the support act in Hand Habits. Hand Habits is headed up by Meg Duffy, a truly extraordinary guitarist. Their album this year is also great I think, so it was a great pleasure to see them live. Pity the crowd was pretty awful, so many talking through out. I just don't get why people do this at shows, so little respect for the artist or people trying to listen. It did improve a bit for Whitney, but still disappointing that some people put themselves above the show. Anyway Whitney were still a joy to behold. They write such beautiful melodies and the harmonies just make you float away. The set would comprise basically most of their first two albums and I enjoyed it all thoroughly. The encore itself was sheer perfection with the great new song in 'Used to Be Lonely' and the almost classic now in 'No Woman'.

Set List
Polly
No Matter Where We Go
Giving Up
Dave's Song
Friend of Mine
Rhododendron
Day & Night
The Falls
Forever Turned Around
Before I Know It
Golden Days
Light Upon the Lake
My Life Alone
Follow

Used to Be Lonely
No Woman
Valleys (My Love)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home