Mar 29, 2019

Lucy Dacus @ Oxford Art Factory

Firstly, Lucy Dacus is an incredible talent. Secondly, her show Wednesday night at the Oxford Art Factory was wonderful in so many ways. Thirdly, I can't wait to see her again. Ms Dacus has released two highly acclaimed albums. They are intricate, intelligent records full of grace and wit. It was an enormous pleasure to hear tracks from both on Wednesday night. Naturally the set leaned more heavily on last year's 'Historian'. My favourite was the blockbuster of a song in 'Timefighter' and the serenely powerful 'Yours & Mine'. Obviously the greatness that is 'Night Shift' received the biggest cheers. It lifted the roof for sure. Lucy also played two new songs solo and both were honestly fantastic. My absolute favourite song of the night though was 'Map on a Wall'. It was epic and extraordinary. I had tweeted earlier in the day that I would love it if she could play it so I like to think that I played a small part in the song being played. Special mention should also go the band. They were great. Totally in sync with Lucy creating a rapturous and euphoric sound. A night to be long remembered.

Set List
Fool's Gold (Lucy solo)
Addictions
The Shell
Nonbeliever
Green Eyes, Red Face
La Vie En Rose (Edith Piaf cover)
Yours & Mine
Timefighter
Map on a Wall
I Don't Wanna Be Funny Anymore
Night Shift
Historians
New Song (Lucy solo) - "I would kill him"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home