Jan 2, 2019

Best Live Shows of 2018

Once again in 2018 I felt very privileged to witness some amazing live music. A show I witnessed in January at the Sydney Festival was so incredibly emotionally powerful that I was certain it would be the best show I saw in 2018. Mount Eerie was an emotional sledgehammer. One man and his guitar baring his soul and making many, many people cry. It was truly superb. But then I made a huge decision. I decided to attend Primavera Sound in Barcelona in May. The lineup was stacked beyond belief. Wolf Parade, Ty Segall, Car Seat Headrest, Beach House, Deerhunter, Vince Staples, Grizzly Bear, The National, The War on Drugs, Father John Misty, Rostam. I could go on and on. It was all definitely worth it. A once in a lifetime experience. Out of that I managed to see the first three mentioned at shows in other European cities. They were all great but the two that were my favourites were my all time favourite Wolf Parade in Prague. A near perfect night. A perfect night though was Car Seat Headrest in Amsterdam. Just a sublime night all round and my favourite show of 2018. The other highlights of 2018 were finally seeing the incredible Destroyer in Sydney. I never ever thought Dan Bejar would tour. I was so happy he did. And then to top off the year we attended Fairgrounds Festival in the Southern Highlands of NSW. Out of that sprung a very special show at the Sydney Opera House. The great songwriters Kevin Morby and Waxahatchee in concert was a perfect way to end the year.

1. Car Seat Headrest @ Paradiso, Amsterdam
2. Wolf Parade @ Divadlo Aracha, Prague
3. Mount Eerie @ City Recital Hall
4. Kevin Morby & Waxahatchee @ Sydney Opera House
5. Destroyer @ Oxford Art Factory
6. The War on Drugs @ Enmore Theatre
7. Ty Segall @ Trix, Antwerp
8. Grizzly Bear @ Sydney Opera House
9. Godspeed You! Black Emperor @ Metro Theatre
10. Father John Misty @ Enmore Theatre

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home