Jul 15, 2018

Wolf Parade @ Divadlo Archa,Prague

A Sunday night in Prague was complete and utter joy. I was seeing Wolf Parade and it was just as perfect as perfect can be. If Wolf Parade aren't my favourite band of all time then they are certainly in my top three. They definitely made my favourite album of all time. 2005's majestic and sublime 'Apologies to the Queen Mary'. Back then I also saw them Support Arcade Fire in Vancouver. I also saw them again in Canada in 2007, cementing them in my heart forever. After three albums though they announced a hiatus. Sadly. But in 2016 they returned with an EP and some live shows. 2017 saw a brand new album in 'Cry Cry Cry', my favourite record of that year. I knew I needed to see them live again. I was just waiting for the right opportunity. When they were announced to play Primavera Sound in Barcelona I was there. It was great of course but to see them in their show would be extra special of course. I looked through their European dates and the one that suited best was Prague. So on a beautiful Sunday night I was front row to Dan, Spencer, Arlen and Dante and everything was right once again in the world.

The whole night was complete perfection. The venue was small and intimate. The crowd was great and perfect. Enthusiastic and respectful. And the set list was all I could hope for. They played the classics of course. And they played a good selection from the new album. All of it was great. I loved every single second. I can't really single anything our from the night. Although there was an extra squeal of joy when they closed with epic 'Kissing the Beehive'. Arlen and Dante are the perfect rhythm section, the bedrock of the band. Dan is the complete guitar player and so friendly and gracious and of course Spencer is just Spencer. A genius on keyboards. What a night of music. I will never forget it. I'm sure I will see Wolf Parade again in my lifetime. But if I don't then this night will live with me forever.

Set List
Lazarus Online
Soldier's Grin
Grounds for Divorce
You're Dreaming
Valley Boy
Shine a Light
What Did My Lover Say? (It Always Had to Go This Way)
Incantation
You Are a Runner and I Am My Father's Son
Fancy Claps
Fine Young Cannibals
Baby Blue
This Heart's On Fire

Modern World
I'll Believe in Anything
Kissing the Beehive

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home