Oct 7, 2017

Explosions in the Sky @ Greek Theatre


Explosions in the Sky are essential to my life as a music fan. Their music is ecstatic and triumphant. Seeing them live lifts that experience to a whole other level. So much so that I recently traveled to Los Angeles to see him. Well not just them, I had a whole week of other delights planned. But they were the starting point for the trip. I had actually seen them live earlier this year at the Sydney Opera House. Of course they were spectacular. So to see them again was a distinct pleasure.

Luckily it was at an amazing venue. The beautiful Greek Theatre in Griffith Park. It's a gorgeous venue in a great setting. I was right down the front too. I arrived just in time to see Holy Fuck open and they were pretty great to be sure. But the men from Texas were the draw card and they let no one down. Just a soaring mass of power and beauty for over 90 minutes. Guitars crashing in joyous unison that creates an atmosphere that is serene and effortlessly sublime. Then they close with the all conquering 'The Only Moment We Were Alone'. A song that I could hear until the end of time. It comes crashing down, the stage goes into darkness. The band thank us and leave. I walk away stunned and enraptured by what I had just witnessed.
 
Set List
The Birth and Death of the Day
Catastrophe and the Cure
Yasmin the Light
Logic of a Dream
Greet Death
Human Qualities
Disintegration Anxiety
Your Hand in Mine
With Tired Eyes, Tired Minds, Tired Souls, We Slept
Colors in Space
The Only Moment We Were Alone

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home