Jan 5, 2016

Best Live Shows of 2015

For some reason I didn't catch as much live music as I previously did in 2015. To be sure I still managed to get out but not with the same exacting frequency. A variety of reasons and sometimes I was just being lazy. I wish I had gone to some shows. The Antlers, Strand of Oaks to name a couple. But I still had some wonderful experiences in the year past. The best overall took place in Europe. I visited Portugal for Primavera Sound in Porto. What a glorious three days that was. Beautiful location, friendly people and the music of Kevin Morby, Mikal Cronin, Dan Deacon, Viet Cong, Interpol and many others. I also saw Kevin Morby in Belgium, cementing my love for him. But one show in 2015 stood supreme. Spoon, arguably the most consistently great band of the last two decades, were just sublime. I'll put it this way. I can't find fault in anything that they do.

1. Spoon @ Metro Theatre
2. Father John Misty @ Sydney Opera House
3. Sufjan Stevens @ Sydney Opera House
4. Kevin Morby @ Charlatan, Ghent
5. Ryan Adams @ Enmore Theatre
6. Sharon Van Etten @ Factory Theatre
7. Daniel Rossen @ Newtown Social Club
8. Real Estate @ Oxford Art Factory
9. Dan Deacon @ Aurora Spiegeltent
10. The Felice Brothers @ Newtown Social Club

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home