Jun 10, 2015

Kevin Morby @ Charlatan, Ghent


I recently had the good fortune to be Europe and visit Belgium. Or more specifically Ghent. Ghent is a beautiful, classy, historic city with so much to offer. When I planned my trip I found out that Kevin Morby would be playing a show there. Morby has become one of my favourite artists of recent years. An original member of Woods, he has now branched out on his own with two wonderful solo albums. So on a late May Sunday night I saw him at Charlatan, a small club in the centre of Ghent.

It was a great show. Not because of any drama or histrionics. But because of the strength of the songs. I think he is a special songwriter. He has a great ear for melody, a warm voice full of character and is a an excellent guitar player. His group consisted of Meg Duffy on guitar and Justin Sullivan and drums. Together they combined for a wonderful night. Highlights were the plaintive "All of My Life", the epic guitar jam of "Harlem River" and then the encore which consisted of the Bill Fay cover "I Hear You Calling" morphing into the genius song that is "Parade". A blissful night indeed.

Set List
The Dead They Don't Come Back
Reign
Sucker in the Void
Harlem River
All of My Life
Motors Runnin
Amen
Miles, Miles, Miles
My Name
If You Leave and If You Marry

I Hear You Calling (Bill Fay cover)/Parade

1 Comments:

  • At June 14, 2015 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVv7EbQXlBA

    http://www.mediafire.com/download/1o8k2kxznnjq8v7/Bongley_Dead_-_4_(2015).rar

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home