Sep 14, 2012

Moonrise Kingdom


For the time being, probably until The Master opens, Moonrise Kingdom is my favourite film of 2012. I can't say it's Wes Anderson's best film, still probably The Royal Tenenbaums, but it's damn close. In this scene Sam and Suzy have run away together on New Penzance Island. This scene encapsulates the beauty of Anderson films. The rich colours, the exquisite framing, the deadpan humour. The other thing that I absolutely love about Wes Anderson films is the deep veins of humanity, sadness and reality. In his uber real settings I think that sometimes gets lost. Which is a shame.

Go see Moonrise Kingdom. You will love the production design, the humour, the colours. But most of all I think you will be deeply touched.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home