May 21, 2012

Handsome Furs Are No More


I'm sure many of you are aware of this by now. Last Friday the sad news came out that Handsome Furs are no more. Finished. Over. This statement appeared on their website.

"With a heavy heart the time has come to let all of you know that Handsome Furs are no more.
The most important thing that needs to be said right now is how extremely grateful we are to all the fans all over the world that showered us with love and support over the years. Thank you for everything! It's been an incredible 6 years and we owe it all to you."

Of course there will be much speculation as to the whys and hows. Was it health issues, personal issues. Who really knows and I think it's best to respect their privacy. But, in the end, I just feel really sad. Coming on the top of the hiatus status of Wolf Parade and Sunset Rubdown this is a mega blow. And it seems permanent. Finito. Kaputt. They produced 3 wonderful albums and countless memorable live shows. But above that they radiated love and a special kind of energy. I felt lucky enough to see them the one time they visited Australia. We saw them in Melbourne. They were so much fun. So much love bounded off the stage. Then after the show I met Dan. What a guy. So genuine and warm and down to earth. A real gentleman. I didn't meet Alexei, but I'm sure she is just as lovely. Anyway, end result is I am going to miss you guys. With all my heart. Much love and respect.

MP3: Repatriated-Handsome Furs

1 Comments:

  • At June 23, 2012 , Anonymous Chris said...

    That's really sad :( I'm also kind of surprised that I didn't hear about that earlier. Well, we still have Moonface.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home