Nov 8, 2011

Craig Finn Goes Solo


January 24 will see the debut solo release from Hold Steady frontman Craig Finn. Vagrant Records will have the honours of releasing the 11 track opus.

Some words from the man himself-
"In July 2011, I went to Austin, Texas to make a record. The Hold Steady was on a four month break, and I wanted to try something a little different. Earlier in the year, I had written a bunch of songs that were outside of the norm for The Hold Steady, a little quieter and perhaps more narrative. I also wanted to gain some experience and insight into the process of making a record by working with new people." "I'm calling this record “Clear Heart Full Eyes”. It's a juxtaposed reference to Friday Night Lights, a TV show that excited and moved me and also happened in Texas. Further, “Clear Heart” signifies honesty and transparency, and “Full Eyes” suggests experience. Thus, it's about being optimistic and open without succumbing to the weariness or doubt that comes with age and experience. To me, that is what it's all about."

Clear Heart Full Eyes Track Listing
1 Apollo Bay
2 When No One’s Watching
3 No Future
4 New Friend Jesus
5 Jackson
6 Terrified Eyes
7 Western Pier
8 Honolulu Blues
9 Rented Room
10 Balcony
11 Not Much Left Of Us

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home