Nov 16, 2010

Time, Time, Time

Last week I realised that I created post number 1000. October also meant a four year anniversary for my humble little blog. Where did the time go? I really don't know, but I do know it's been a very pleasurable and rewarding period of my life. I started the whole damn thing as an outlet to write about my passion for music. Along the way I have also penned on the subjects of film, art and theatre, with the odd little personal tidbit. Mostly though I haven't revealed too much about myself. Well I feel like I should expand a little bit. I am in my 40s now. I was born in Sydney and have lived here all of my life. I have a great sister and a wonderful mother. I love my new sisters and brothers in law. I detest all forms of religion. I abhor flag waving and nationalism. I can't stand popular culture and most forms of the media. I HATE the stupid Black Eyed Peas. I also dislike smoking and people who have a poor awareness of public space. I LOVE Dan Bejar and Spencer Krug. I adore Chagall, Schiele and Kandinsky. I worship the films of Paul Thomas Anderson and really appreciate people who think for themselves. My favorite food is fish and my favourite drink is a good red wine. I love Sydney, but I could easily live in Melbourne, New York or Portland, Oregon. I love Australian Rules Football, but think that Rugby Union is a terrible game. I love the Boston Celtics and the Miami Dolphins. I love the history and mystique of baseball. I also think that the Chrysler Building is the finest building on this planet. I plan to one day read everything written by Cormac McCarthy. I don't watch commercial TV, but give thanks every day for cable. In lieu of that I believe that Don Draper is the finest character in the history of television. I think kittens are the cutest things on earth, except maybe for Husky puppies and otters. I work in the Eastern Suburbs. My day job isn't terribly exciting but it pays the bills and affords me the lifestyle I have now. That is, as I might have mentioned, I got married two months ago to the most beautiful girl in the world. We live in the inner west in a lovely little two bedroom cottage. We own a black and white cat and each day look at our rather large CD and book collection with a little pride. We have a small circle of friends that we cherish dearly and we have met and made many more through the music world. We love to go to gigs, obviously, and the cinema. Theatre and art galleries and good food are also constant items on our agenda. As said, this blog is four now and it has done a lot for me. Not only did I meet my wife via my writings, but I have been introduced to many other wonderful people because of it. Lately, for various reasons, I have found it harder to find the drive to write consistently. I still do gig reviews and news items, but I don't seem to find the time to always go in depth on a lot of subjects. So, what does the future hold? I really don't know. I think I will continue to write, but I think it mightn't be as important to me as in the past. My loves in life will still continue to be vital to me, but maybe I might just not find the time to hit the keyboard. Only time will tell.

5 Comments:

  • At November 17, 2010 , Blogger Ms Hell Aneous said...

    We love you WayneO, you are tops.

     
  • At November 18, 2010 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    1,000 posts! Fantastic, keep the great reviews coming.. you'll always have an audience keen for more

     
  • At November 20, 2010 , Anonymous Jenn said...

    A beautiful late introduction :) We still love your updates!

     
  • At November 22, 2010 , Anonymous mala said...

    Please continue to write!

     
  • At November 26, 2010 , Blogger Pix said...

    always enjoy reading your live reviews.

    i recall the mountain goats gig we both attended many years back and before I wrote my review I had to check yours to refresh my own memory lol.

    i think something will come to replace blogging or be like blogging 2.0... perhaps making it more interconnected? who knows... but well done on the 4th bday, always enjoy reading!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home