Jul 19, 2010

Perfume Genius

A month ago I had no idea who Perfume Genius was. Now I do and for that alone I am glad. This picture tells a story about the music. It is open, direct and brutally honest. Perfume Genius is a young man from Seattle named Mike Hadreas. He write songs that are short but powerful, emotion charged but very tender. They are an insight into his soul, a pathway to his heart. He can explain better. “I spent my whole life hiding from the things that happened to me, to my family and friends,” Hadreas says now. “The entirety of all these experiences: abuse, addiction, suicide, all that cool stuff, I couldn’t bear to look at it.” His first song was "Learning", a sparse and heartbreaking ballad. It would also become the title and first song of his debut album. "Learning" was released on Matador in June and I can recommend it highly if you love tender and meaningful music that speaks with a direct voice.

MP3: Learning-Perfume Genius

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home