Oct 20, 2009

St Jerome's Laneway Festival

After much conjecture, mostly wrong, the lineup for the 2010 St Jerome's Laneway Festival was announced today. I have to say I was rather underwhelmed. I mean, it has a certain amount of interest with some very much written about bands on the bill. It certainly has a fresh feeling about it. But, but, well it's just. There are no bands that scream 'I have to see them'. No Broken Social Scene. No Okkervil River. But I think I will buy a ticket. I am certainly curious about The xx (like their album), Black Lips and Mumford & Sons and a few others.

Plus Melbourne and Sydney have new venues. Footscray Community Arts Centre in Melbourne and Sydney College of the Arts (Rozelle) in Sydney. I think this is definitely a good move, after the overcrowding that happened in the last couple of years.

Lineup
Echo & the Bunnymen
Florence & The Machine
Black Lips
The xx
Daniel Johnston
Sarah Blasko
Black Lips
N.A.S.A.
Eddy Current Suppression Ring
Hockey
Dappled Cities
Mumford & Sons
The Very Best
Radioclit
Wild Beasts
Whitley
The Middle East
Kid Sam
Dirty Three (Melbourne Only)

Tickets on Sale Friday October 30
More acts to be announced...

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home