Oct 22, 2009

Animal Collective Love Animals

Not only is Animal Collective one of the greatest and most influential bands of this decade, they also care about the world that we live in. They recently featured in a video for PETA calling for the end to seal slaughter in Canada. Good people.

The band will also be releasing a new EP, "Fall Be Kind" on November 9. Containing 5 songs, some of it was recorded at the same time as "Merriweather Post Pavilion". According to Avey Tave, "The vibe is a little bit darker, I'd say-- not in terms of the sound, maybe. Well, the melodies are definitely darker. It's not abrasive dark or anything, but I think the mood of it has just a little bit more of a nighttime, kind of dark, sad vibe, even though I think "What Would I Want? Sky" is a little bit more positive or upbeat. That's the only one. And then "I Think I Can" is very rhythmic, too. A lot of it's not so rhythmic, or at least not as much as Merriweather is. It's a little bit more washy and kind of orchestral."

Fall Be Kind Track Listing
1 Graze
2 What Would I Want? Sky
3 Bleed
4 On A Highway
5 I Think I Can

Animal Collective are playing Enmore Theatre on December 11. Downstairs standing is now sold out, but upstairs seating is still available. Make sure you don't miss out, because the band looks to be taking a break from touring for a while.

Avey said "At this point, it's time for us to take a break. It's the most we've ever taken one group of songs, one era out on the road. We were excited and enthusiastic to go to all the different places we've been, especially this year with all the festivals. I just think it feels like a natural ending to it all. We're going to go to Australia in December. I'm really looking forward to that because we've only done that one time before. It's going to be a slightly bigger thing this time around. So that'll be great. But I think after that, we want to take a break and start thinking about music more, really going at it and working a lot on it, and work on other things and get inspired by other things, then next year start writing again".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home