Mar 26, 2008

Bye Bye Bye-Plants And Animals



I recently obtained the new album from Montreal 3 piece Plants And Animals. "Parc Avenue" is the name and it is a highly original and unique piece of work. I need more time with it, but so far, so good. This is the first track off the album, recorded live at Montreal's La Sala Rossa.

MP3: Bye Bye Bye-Plants And Animals

Yesterday I reviewed the new Destroyer album "Trouble In Dreams" and it is so far my album of the year. But I have listening to many other newish ones that I have yet to review. I have no idea if I will get around to all of them, but here is a quick guide-

Red, Yellow and Blue-Born Ruffians-Immaculate Pop!!!
The Evening Descends-Evangelicals-Strange but kinda beautiful
Here's To Being Here-Jason Collett-This is growing on me, charming
For Emma, Forever Ago-Bon Iver-Everyone should own this re-release
Real Emotional Trash-Stephen Malkmus & The Jicks-Jammy but am liking it
Volume One-She & Him-Lyrically light, but Zoe can sing
Shots-Ladyhawk-Rocks and rocks, Duffy's voice is astounding
Animal Kingdom-Baseball-Wild passion overload

2 Comments:

  • At March 27, 2008 , Blogger James said...

    Hey Wayne,

    I'm listenign to Destroyer right now for about the 15th time and despite Rubies being one of my favorite records of the decade, I'm just not fully crazy about this one. It's a good album, I think I was just expecting more. Maybe it'll keep growing on me.

    I don't know what your tolerance is for noisy electronic music, but you should check out Fuck Buttons. That and Bon Iver are probably my fave's of the year so far....

     
  • At March 27, 2008 , Blogger Wayne Massingham said...

    James,

    It would seem quite a few people prefer Rubies to Trouble In Dreams.
    I am actually liking the latter more. Hopefully it will continue to grow on you.

    Agree on Bon Iver, wonderful album. I have been meaning to check out Fuck Buttons.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home