Nov 2, 2007

Sydney Festival 2008; Or If This Continues I Will Have No Money and Quite Possibly No Brain

Holy friggin' Cow!!! Is the start of 2008 going to be special or what? I was pretty happy with the fact that legends Built to Spill were playing in Sydney in early January. Then on Tuesday the St Jeromes Laneway Festival announcement just blew me away. So the launch of the Sydney Festival yesterday was going to be the icing on the cake for me. Well, this is the biggest cake I could possibly ever taste. In fact I am still coming to terms with the enormity of the music that is going to be on display. So this morning I intrepidly went forth in the search of tickets. At first I was enormously frustrated by the fact that the Festival website was in meltdown and virtually impossible to get into. Then I went direct to the Ticketmaster and Ticketek sites and after a little work I was able to get all the tickets I needed. I feel relieved, excited and extremely happy now.

In short here are the events that I have purchased tickets for-
Andrew Bird at the Spiegeltent
Sufjan Stevens at the State Theatre
Low at the Spiegeltent (their Don't Look Back Now night)
The National at Angel Place Recital Hall
Joanna Newsom at the Sydney Opera House

Did everyone get the tickets they wanted?

3 Comments:

  • At November 02, 2007 , Blogger Osmond said...

    Yeah my brain has been in meltdown mode after this week of announcements. Total distraction from preparing for my trip so I need to get back to focusing on that.

    The next major announcement will be V Festival sometime in late November/early December (I doubt anyone that good for second lineup of BDO).

    Looks like I will probably see you at Low.

     
  • At November 03, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Yeah, this morning was so insane, but I'm so happy. I my tickets for Andrew Bird, Sufjan Stevens and The National.
    January 2008 is going to be a one helluva month!

     
  • At November 03, 2007 , Blogger Unknown said...

    oh my god, i didn't even know sufjan and andrew bird were playing, hsc has had me living under a rock. what with patrick wolf, big day out and laneway, i'll never be able to afford tickets though.. sigh.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home