Sep 11, 2007

Built To Spill Tour Australia-Finally!!!

This is big news. Quite possibly the finest band in the history of rockdom (well in my opinion anyway) is touring Australia for the first time. Although my mind is all consumed with things Krug/Boeckner at the moment I haven't forgotten my musical roots. This Idaho band has created music that is dear and near to my heart. Doug Martsch can wield a guitar like no other. Oh, and that voice and those melodies and those lyrics of heart and beauty. I could go on forever, I really could. I was fortunate enough to see them live in the USA in 2003 and 2005, but it hasn't lessened the thrill I am anticipating of seeing them in Sydney town for the first time. They are gracing our shores because of The Falls Festival and Southbound Festival, but Built to Spill will play one show each in Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane. Happy times, indeed.

Saturday 29th December: Melbourne, Corner Hotel
Tickets $44.00 + bf available online from www.cornerhotel.com.

Wednesday 2nd January: Brisbane, The Zoo
Tickets $40.00 + bf. Available online from: www.thezoo.com.au.

Thursday 3rd January: Sydney, The Metro
Tickets $44.00 + bf available from www.moshtix.com

MP3: Car

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home