Feb 25, 2007

Art Express



Yesterday I had a great day at the Art Gallery of NSW, where the highlight was the exhibition Art Express. Comprising the work of HSC students in Visual Arts, it was quite an eye opening look into the artistic minds of our young students. The exhibition covered a lot of ground in various styles of art- video, ceramics, drawing, painting, photography, printmaking and sculpture. I particularly enjoyed the work of the artists whose images of their work I have included above. Some of the creations were thought provoking, some were quite dark and others displayed simply beautiful images. The exhibition opened on 14 February and runs through until 22 April. I can recommend a trip to the Gallery for a great day out.

2 Comments:

  • At February 25, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Any day at any gallery is a great day out! Although, when you constantly have tourists peering over your shoulder to see your drawing, it kinda pisses you off.

    I still hold a grudge against the conformists at art express.

    I'm surprised they actually let you take photos. They're usually camera nazis at the gallery, just like the folks at the Metro!

     
  • At February 26, 2007 , Blogger Wayne Massingham said...

    Hey Ro, I should go there more often.
    I agree, it is better though if you find a moment away from the tourists.

    I actually didn't bother to take a camera, I just copied some images off the Art Express website.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home