Dec 23, 2006

Merry Christmas and Random Thoughts

Merry Christmas everyone, as mentioned before in a previous post, i want to thank anyone who has found the time to read my daily missives, it makes me feel like I'm not wasting my time.
Plenty to look forward to in the next couple of weeks. M. Ward Modest Mouse and the Mountain Goats are all here in early January, so that should be huge. I am also looking forward to seeing Alejandro Inarritu's new film Babel which opens on Boxing Day.

At the moment I am currently listening to a few things old (Ryan Adams, Songs: Ohia, Low, Of Montreal), that I missed out in the past. Also some new stuff, 2006 that is, (Peter Bjorn & John, Jenny Lewis, Golden Smog, Beach House) that I'm enjoying as well. I think I will find that 2007 will be busy catching up on 2006 as well as listening to new releases. One release that is really making me happy at the moment is "Nowhere to Run" a new EP by California band Port O'Brien. I discovered them through the excellent site Catbird Seat. I plan to review them in full after the Christmas break. Here is a tune again from the EP.
MP3: I Woke Up Today

Also as a treat here are two songs from two of my favourite bands, both songs have Christmas in the title although they are not typically Christmas songs.
MP3: Listening to Otis Redding at Home During Christmas-Okkervil River.
MP3: Xmas Curtain (live)-My Morning Jacket.

4 Comments:

  • At December 24, 2006 , Blogger Jaime said...

    sweet i have my mountain goats ticket but i'm really tossing up whether to see modest mouse and m. ward or not. do you have any idea who's supporting either of them?

     
  • At December 24, 2006 , Blogger Wayne Massingham said...

    I have heard that The Temper Trap are supporting Modest Mouse in Melbourne, and Dappled Cities Fly in Sydney. Holly Throsby is the support for M. Ward in Sydney, not sure about Melbourne, but I wouldn't hesitate to buy a M. Ward ticket.

     
  • At December 24, 2006 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I saw Babel last week and thought it was fantastic...even if it didn't quite live up to the insane expectations I had.

     
  • At December 24, 2006 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I saw Babel last week and thought it was fantastic...even if it didn't quite live up to the insane expectations I had.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home